It all began with a parcel of vines. And we all know just how important these individual bits of land are in Burgundy. It was with the purchase of the Beaune Premier Cru Clos des Ursules that the story of Maison Louis Jadot began in 1826. Three decades. That’s the time it took Louis Henry Denis Jadot to found our house, in 1859, and to lay the foundations of a family-owned domaine. He would contribute to the renown of the wines of Burgundy by developing a negociant business focused on selling the wines in Northern European markets. His descendants followed in his footsteps at the head of the family business. Today, the labels of Maison Louis Jadot’s wines are characterised by the instantly recognisable image of Bacchus’s head, an image that has become, in many ways, the signature of the house and a symbol of its identity, whatever is in the bottle.