Ciacci Piccolomini d’Aragona
The estate has origins that date back to the 17th century and it still keeps its historical heritage in a building called “Palazzo” (Palace) that was built by Fabivs de’ Vecchis, Bishop of Montalcino and Abbot of Sant’Antimo Abbey.
On December 31, 1877, the countess Eva Bernini Cerretani sold the entire estate to the Ciacci family from Castelnuovo dell’Abate. After the marriage between the count Alberto Piccolomini d’Aragona, a direct discendent of Enea Silvio Piccolomini (Pope Pius II) and Elda Ciacci, the Bishop’s Palace became the Ciacci Piccolomini d’Aragona Palace.
In 1985 the countess Elda Ciacci bequeathed the entire property to Giuseppe Bianchini, farmer of the estate since many years, applying a completely brand new and forefront philosophy production for that period, increasing quantity, quality of wines and opening the export worldwide. Giuseppe, unfortunately passed away in February 2004, leaving the estate to his son and daughter, Paolo and Lucia.